Thursday, October 6, 2011

Zucchini-tini

Another amazing Martini Wednesday has come and gone.  But it will definitely be remembered because I think I have found my new favorite martini!  It comes in close to my recent favorite the cucumber martini, with a very similar flavor.  The zucchini-tini consists of zucchini water, 1 part gin, 2 parts sake, and simple syrup.  I think the flavor combination of the gin and sake is what gives it that little something extra.

To prepare the zucchini water you shred up a zucchini, place the shredded pieces into a strainer and muddle out the juices.




Now time for my favorite part- making the garnish!

I used a vegetable peeler to create thin strips of the zucchini, I then took the strips and speared them onto martini spears creating a ribbon like effect.



After making the garnishes, we mixed all the ingrediants into our martini shaker, gave it a quick shake and we were ready to go!




Notice the use of frozen glasses again, deifnitely the best way to go.  As I said this is my new favorite maritini, I highly recommend it!






No comments:

Post a Comment