Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Taco Tuesday (with a twist)

My husband and I love Taco Tuesday.  I often like to change it up a bit, and do different Mexican themed dinners when we get tired of plain old tacos.  This week we did tacos in a shell, a pasta shell that is, giving the traditional taco a twist. 

Original Ingrediants:

lean ground beef, cream cheese, pasta shells, butter, taco sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded jack cheese,  crushed tortilla chips. sour cream, and chili powder.

My Ingrediants:

extra lean ground turkey, pasta shells, hot taco seasoning, diced green chili peppers, tomoatoes, olives, red onion, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, red enchilada sauce, shredded low fat cheddar cheese, shredded pepper jack cheese, and fat-free sour cream.





After I cooked the pasta shells, I loaded them up and put it all together in my casserole dish




While this was cooking away in the oven I prepared my sour cream which I decided to jazz up with lime juice and lime zest.










And Wa-lah, the finished product:



And there is our twist on the taco, the lime zest sour scream has a very refreshing light taste, and complements this dish very nicely, I would definitely recommend incorporating this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds interesting, very clever.....I'll have to see if I cam convince Erik to try it.

    ReplyDelete