Monday, October 24, 2011

Vampire's Kiss

Last week we went for another Halloween themed martini night!  This time we got a bit more creative.  I decided I wanted to learn how to make the "dripping blood" effect on the rim of our martini glasses. I researched, and found that it was actually pretty easy, and it only took about 10 minutes.

Ingrediants:


Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup karo syrup, ans 1/2 cup water into a frying pan.



Heat until the mixture reaches 300 degrees





















Once it has reached 300 degrees, mix in the red food coloring, turn off the heat, and dip the rims of your glasses into the mixture.  NOTE: Be VERY careful not to drip any of the mixture onto yourself during this process.  It will burn, it will blisture, and it will hurt....a lot.  I found that out the hard way!

Once on the martini glasses the candy will create small drips, and instantly harden. 



Now that the garnish is complete, we can work on the martini!  We choose the "Vampire's Kiss" martini. 

1 part Chambord
1 part Vodka
1 part Champagne




Besdies my accidental burn, I had a lot of fun with this martini.  I love experimenting, nd trying out new things.  This martini was tasty as well, next time I might use a little less Chambord to take away some of the sweetness, but to me it was all worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Ok so how did it go getting the candy off the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually really easy! We just let them soak over night in a frying pan filled with some water, and it came right off!

    ReplyDelete