Thursday, October 20, 2011

'Tis The Season for Squash

I love fall,  and being able to experiment with all of the flavors that are not readily available all year round. 


I have never made soup from scratch, but have always wanted to give it a try.  With it being Autumn, I thought Butternut Squash soup would be perfect for my first time.

Lets start with the two main ingrediants...



Cutting the Butternut Squash was a bit of a challenge, especially as I got to the thicker end, but it smelled amazing!  I love the smell of fresh cut squash!  After I cut the squash and carrots into cubes, I put them into a deep frying pan with vegetable stock, butter, nutmeg, allspice, and pepper.




Once the vegetables were tender I transfered the entire mixture into a food processor and blended until smooth.  I then transfered the soup back into the deep frying pan, and added the cream, reheating the soup for about 2 minutes.



Then it was time to eat!



And because this was such an Autumn inspired meal, I paired it with some of my Autumn Punch!




ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment