Thursday, December 1, 2011

Yummy Fish Tacos

This weeks Taco Tuesday was on the healthier side with fish tacos served.  I used Alaskan Cod for the fish cooking it with butter, ( I used "I Can't Believe it's not Butter Light- this is actually the only butter I ever use) fresh lime juice, lime zest, fresh garlic, pepper, and a dash of salt.



The tacos alco consisted of corn tortillas, green cabbage, cilantro, corn, and cheddar cheese






















I also made a special sauce to go with our fish tacos with included light sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, and hot sauce ( I used Tapatio) It was amazing!























All put together....





















Some Thanksgiving highlights.....

For Thanksgiving my husband and I went to Sonoma to visit his parents.  I cooked the appetizers: Pumpkin Spice Dip and a baked Spinach Artichoke Dip.




The pumpkin spice dip was made with Cool Whip, Greek Yogurt, Pumpkin Puree, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract and Nutmeg.  I served it with sliced apples and figs.




The spinach artichoke dip was made with light sour scream, reduced fat cream cheese, reduced fat mozzarella, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts, fresh garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, nutmeg, pepper, and a dash of salt.



It was such a hit, that I didn't even get a chance to snap a picture of the final product before everyone dug in!


I also made Green Bean Casserole, and Cranberry Pear Sauce for dinner.




This dish is VERY simple, but amazingly good.  Just follow the directions on the French's Fried onion container!


Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the cranberry pear sauce but it was made with fresh cranberries, fresh pears, sugar, and water.  This was a big hit, everyone wanted seconds and thirds!


I loved visiting in Sonoma, it is definitly a different expereince from Southern California.  While we were there we did some wine tasting, and drove around absorbing in the scenery.  The colors of the changing leaves are absolutely amazing.  This was a fun adventure!









*Recipes for the Pumpkin Spice Dip and Cranberry Pear Sauce are from http://www.skinnytaste.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment