Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mini Thanksgiving

The other night I made a "Mini-Thanksgiving" dinner, using everyone's favorite dishes, and making them in less traditional ways.  The end result was all the yummyness of Thanksgiving dinner, without all the hours of cooking!

First Dish: Cranberry Pineapple Sauce

The first step was to chop up the cranberries and pineapple in a food processor.



Then I heated the pineapple juice and sugar to a boil, and then added the chopped up cranberries for ten minutes on medium heat, followed by the chopped up pineapple for 1 minute.  then I put it in the fridge to cool.



Second Dish: Rosemary Biscuits

I mixed 2 cups of Heart Smart Bisquick, parmesan cheese,a clove of garlic, and water.  Meanwhile I sauteed another clove of garlic and rosemary.  I spooned out the mix onto my baking sheet, and cooked them for ten minutes.


After the ten minutes were up I spooned the rosemary mixture and melted butter over each biscuit and cooked for an additional 5 minutes.




Added Rosemary Mix
Final Product right out of the oven


Third Dish: Corn Bread Stuffing Breaded Turkey
I initially wanted to use turkey cutlets for this dish, but could not find any at the store.  Instead I found strips of turkey breast meat.  This made the preparation a bit more difficult, but the end result was still delicious.

First I crushed up the corn bread stuffing, and then coated the turkey meat withthe stuffing.  I then fried the turkey on the stove with olive oil.




Fourth Dish: My famous brusselsprouts!

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of these, please see "healthy meets fall" for recipe.


Other Fall inspired meals from the week:



Autumn themed pasta!




Pumpkin spice scones paired with a pumpkin spice latte!




*Recipes for the cranberry pineapple sauce and rosemary biscuits came from http://www.skinnytaste.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment