Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Martini

This week we wanted to do a not so sweet martini, but I still wanted to do one that was kind of Halloween themed.  I thought about how delicious the zucchini-tini was, and came up with a recipe to duplicate that, but using pumpkin instead.

We used the same ingrediants- gin, saki, simple syrup, and then used "pumpkin water."

Getting the pumpkin water was a bit more challenging than it was with the zucchini.


























It took us a few tries, but we managed to get enough juice out of the pumpkin to make it work!  We ended us using about half of a three pound pumpkin.


For the garnish I used a few of the pumpkin seeds, and then I cut the top of the pumpkin in half, cut some slits and put them on the rim of our glasses!




It did not taste quite as good as the zucchini-tini, but very close.  It was fun to try something new, and to put our own creative twist on a favorite recipe!























Last weekend we went up to my in-laws, and they sent us back with a bunch of home grown squash.  So I came up with another creative way to utilize these and made squash tacos for Taco Tuesday!  It may sound odd, but trust me, they were delicious!! I steamed the squash until tender, and then let them continue to cook in red enchilada sauce for 10 minutes, and that was all it took!





No comments:

Post a Comment